So, I got bored and was looking at TF2 stuff and maps again, and it all started cause I thought 'Hey, the Iron Curtain looks like tech they'd use in Equestria (most of their machines seem to be at least partially wooden, even if they act more high tech than that) Soo yeah. That then became a quest of making my own weapon ideas. Then it evolved back into 'who would be what' because... well... I had to fit the weapons with the users' personalities.
Then it struck me - Medieval Mode. Using some of the alternate names for classes from that, as well as some clever ideas on my end, I came to this. While reasons for most of the characters are much the same, here's a few things I added in...
- I wanted to give Fluttershy a sniper rifle called 'The Stare' and dress her in her Dangerous Mission outfit - with Angel dressed as the actual Sniper (I figured her Melee weapon would be Discord)
- Once more, Iron Curtain as a partially wooden weapon made for a good idea, so I gave Big Mac a similar minigun.
- I wanted to change some appearances - Rarity particularly. A mask does not suit her.
- I found out Pinkie's voice actress has a degree in Engineering. Now she REALLY breaks the forth wall!
- I wanted to give Rainbow Dash a Wonderbolts inspired outfit
- Muffin Launcher for Derpy. 'Nuff said.
- I tried to give each of them unique weapons and slightly altered designs, tho some of it sticks out more than others (especially Dash's bat. I got lazy and uninspired by that... shoulda worked with scattergun.)
Also, changed things up by making Applejack a Demomare, being the most physical class when wearing Demoknight gear. Also, apple cider drunk.
MEDIEVAL MODE NAMES OF WORTH:
For those unknowing, in Medieval Mode, if the chat changes aint disabled, classes maybe called other things. This is not a complete list, just a list of factors that aided in this stuff.
MEDIC - Wizard, Apothacary
SNIPER - Ranger, Beast Master, Woodsman
SPY - Cutpurse, Blackguard
SCOUT - Runner, Advance Guard
DEMOMAN - Paladin, Blades for Hire
ENGINEER - Smith, Smithy, Metal Worker
Thats all for now! I'm actually considering designing weapon set ideas for this particular lineup! Tell me what ya think?
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (C) Hasbro and Lauren Faust
TF2 (C) Valve